Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ski Racing.

Ski racing is an important part of my life and has played a major role in my personal growth. I have made many friends and dedicated lot's of time and energy to the sport. It has helped me understand how much effort goes into being the best.

My ski friends have made my winter weekends a great time. Not only do they offer me competition in my races but yet give me support when I need it. A few of us have been best friends since we were 4 years old on the grizzly bear ski team, and some just joining in a few years ago. As our skills have developed the competition has grown and gotten more intense.

To become a ski racer requires a huge dedication to the sport. Three days a week from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm we train hard. No matter what the weather may be the training goes on. If there is a snow storm a rain storm or just super cold we will be out on the slopes. Some may ask "why train so much?" The answer is the competition from the other clubs is growing and we need to get ahead on our gate training.

All in all ski racing has impacted my winters in the greatest way possible. From my friends to my achievements it always stays a fun and happy environment, well maybe not always...hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment