Monday, February 1, 2010

Repeat Of A Day

If I could repeat any day of my whole life, it would be hard to choose just one. I could use the day I won my first ski race, or the day I learned how to water ski. I've had alot of good days in my life, but If I could redo just one it would have to be the day I was in two countries at once.

What I mean by "being in two countries at once" is while I was in Switzerland a few years ago, I crossed the Italian boarder on skis. Zermatt to Cervinia, on the highest point in all of Europe. That was the end of the day.. so lets head back to the beginning of this outrageous day.
The day began with a delicious breakfast of bacon, eggs and pancakes at our hotel. We then got geared up and head up the mountain. It's quite interesting how you make your way up Zermatt. First, you hop on an underground train that takes you half way up the mountain, then get on a tram which took us to the highest point. At the top it was very cold but as soon as we crossed the border on our skis that didn't even matter. We were in a new country, on skis. For lunch that day we had the best pizza I have and will ever eat in my entire life. After we skied the rest of the day, and went into the village of Zermatt for dinner.

All in all that day was pretty great, but the best part is... i get to do it all again on March break when I go back to Switzerland! The only think I would do to change is the weather :)


No comments:

Post a Comment